7 Dec 2008
2008.12.07 Detroit is currently snowing and the temperature is blow freezing. About 100 people from Detroit, Lancing, Flint, Ann Arbor, and several from Toledo, Ohio and Toronto, Canada, gathered in Novi Town Center to show support to the Wild Strawberry Movement.
TAIPEI, Taiwan: About 3,000 Taiwanese college students marched in the capital Sunday to protest a law that they say limits people's constitutional right to demonstrate freely.
The students, many in black shirts symbolizing impaired human rights, shouted slogans as they paraded in a downtown district with police and government buildings. (more)
Statement about President Ma's violation on Human Rights and a series of issues: Alerte aux droits de l'homme à Taiwan
On December 7th, Taiwanese in PARIS protests Taiwan government led by Ma violates human rights
Where: Human right plaza: Trocadéro
Where to meet: Parvis des Droites de l'Homme (You will see the flag right on metro exit)
December 7th marks the one month anniversary of the Wild Strawberries Movement and with your participation, we would like to march for human rights in Taiwan!
Please join us to rehearse the march that has been voluntarily reported to law enforcement authorities
Noon Registration and Assemble at Liberty Square
1:00 p.m. Non-Violent Civil Resistance Workshop
- General session on safety rules and guidelines on conducting a peaceful march
- Joint pledge for a peaceful march by all participants, including students, private citizens, and NGOs
- “Wild Strawberries Fight Song” led by Takao Fight Song Band and an exhibition show
II. March Route
2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. March Commences from Liberty Square
- Follow along Chung-Shan S. Road, passing the Legislative Yuan and Administrative Yuan.
- After turning right onto Chung-Hsiao E. Road, will walk along Lin-Sen S. Road and Chi-Nan Road before returning to Chung Shan-S Road with the final destination at Ketagalan Boulevard
- Command car arrives at Ketagalan Boulevard (ETA 4:30 p.m.)
4:30 p.m. Memorial Service for Human Rights
5:30 p.m. Return to Liberty Square
- Following the memorial service, the group will leave Ketagalan Boulevard and cross over Chung Shan S. Road via the Ai-Kuo W. Road intersection to return to Liberty Square.
III. Evening Reception
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. The Wild Strawberries Evening Reception
- Wild Strawberries Movement representatives from all over Taiwan will share their thoughts and experiences over the last month
- Declaration of future goals and objectives
- Performance by Mr. Ling Sheng-Hsiang